Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Lime Crime Cruelty-Free?
Lime Crime has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Is Lime Crime Vegan?
Yes, Lime Crime is a 100% vegan brand.
Is Lime Crime Certified Cruelty-Free?
Is Lime Crime Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Lime Crime is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Lime Crime Sold in Mainland China?
No, Lime Crime is not sold in mainland China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
Products that are sold only online in mainland China are exempt from these animal testing laws.
About Lime Crime
Lime Crime is a cult-status, digital-first makeup and hair color brand that’s here to unleash what makes you unique. Their mission is to create innovative, trend-setting products and experiences that transport you to a magical world where you can express yourself unapologetically, experiment with every color of the rainbow, and escape from looking like everyone else.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions.
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Lime Crime responded:
Thanks so much for asking! All Lime Crime products are Vegan and Cruelty-Free. Check out this link to learn more:
We are not owned by a parent company that tests on animals. 🙂
Read More About Living Cruelty-Free and Vegan:
- Vegan Shoe Brands
- 100% Cruelty-Free and Vegan Brands
- List of Officially Cruelty-Free Brands
- Companies That Test on Animals
- The Complete List of Vegan Documentaries on Netflix