Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Frownies Vegan?
If you only want to purchase products from 100% cruelty-free and vegan brands, click here.
Is Frownies Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Frownies is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Frownies Sold in China?
No, Frownies is not sold in China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
The Frownies brand is most famous for their wrinkle patches, but they have expanded into other skincare products.
Frownies are the Original Facial Patch for wrinkles and frown lines. Before injections and surgery, Frownies Facial Patches have been promoting a simple and effective way to ward off deep expression lines.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except Hong Kong)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Frownies responded to my email:
- Yes, mostly all of our products are vegan with the exception of the Citrus Honey Body Wash and the Lush Lime Hand Soap (made with Goat’s milk).