Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is K18 Cruelty-Free?
K18 has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Is K18 Vegan?
Yes, K18 is a 100% vegan brand.
Is K18 Certified Cruelty-Free?
Yes, K18 is certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny.
Is K18 Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, K18 is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is K18 Sold in Mainland China?
No, K18 is not sold in mainland China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
K18 is the only patented bioactive peptide treatment clinically proven to repair hair and reverse damage from chemical services, thermal styling, and mechanical styling.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions.
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how K18 responded:
Thank you for reaching out to us. K18 is vegan, color-safe, dermatologically tested, and cruelty-free. K18 is never tested on animals. We do, in fact, have the leaping bunny logo at the bottom of our website. As of right now, we do not have any distributors in China. Our sister company AQUIS is also Vegan. Please reach out with any further questions.
Read More About Living Cruelty-Free and Vegan:
- Vegan Shoe Brands
- 100% Cruelty-Free and Vegan Brands
- List of Officially Cruelty-Free Brands
- Companies That Test on Animals
- The Complete List of Vegan Documentaries on Netflix