Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Barefoot Scientist Cruelty-Free?
Barefoot Scientist has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Barefoot Scientist is certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny.
Is Barefoot Scientist Vegan?
The only Barefoot Scientist product that is NOT vegan is Twinkle Toes because it contains Manuka.
If you only want to shop at 100% cruelty-free and vegan brands click here.
Is Barefoot Scientist Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Barefoot Scientist is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Barefoot Scientist Sold in Mainland China?
No, Barefoot Scientist is not sold in mainland China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
About Barefoot Scientist
Barefoot Scientist is the first premium foot care brand, bringing together the best innovations from science and nature to create a new, elevated collection of products for every foot care need.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except Hong Kong)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Barefoot Scientist responded to my email:
Yes, we are Leaping Bunny certified… and all but one of our products are vegan. I’ll answer your Qs below and please let me know if you have any additional Qs. This is my company and it was absolutely essential for the brand to be cruelty-free from day one. I stopped eating beef, pork, and lamb over one year ago… and had already stopped eating octopus and squid a few years before that. I’m hoping to continue this journey; I think that if we can all make solid, lasting steps, we can have a great impact together!
1. ALL products EXCEPT for Twinkle Toes deodorizing purification spray are vegan. For reference, it has manuka in the formulation… which is a powerful anti-microbial… and for a product that is going to be used on the skin to de-odorize and kill odor-causing bacteria… we ultimately decided to include it.
3. Yes, we are Leaping Bunny certified.