Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is oVertone Cruelty-Free?
oVertone has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Is oVertone Vegan?
Yes, oVertone is a 100% vegan brand.
See the full list of vegan and cruelty-free brands.
Is oVertone Certified Cruelty-Free?
Yes, oVertone is certified cruelty-free by PETA.
Is oVertone Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, oVertone is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is oVertone Sold in Mainland China?
No, oVertone is not sold in mainland China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
Products that are sold only online in mainland China are exempt from these animal testing laws.
Maegan Scarlett and Liora Dudar were in their 20s when they decided they’d had enough of the fading and constant damage that came with having vibrant hair color. Together, they created a product they had always wanted: a hair-healthy, semi-permanent alternative to dye that could both achieve and maintain head-turning hair colors — sans damage and cold showers.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions.
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how oVertone responded:
- oVertone is 100% vegan, which means none of our products contain any animal-derived ingredients.
- Our products are not tested on animals and we work with ingredient suppliers that are also committed to never test on animals.
- oVertone is certified cruelty-free by PETA
- No! Our suppliers are also committed to never test on animals.
- oVertone products are sold within the US and Canada only.
- oVertone is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Read More About Living Cruelty-Free and Vegan:
- Vegan Shoe Brands
- 100% Cruelty-Free and Vegan Brands
- List of Officially Cruelty-Free Brands
- Companies That Test on Animals
- The Complete List of Vegan Documentaries on Netflix