Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Antonym Cruelty-Free?
Antonym has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Is Antonym Vegan?
Antonym is not a 100% vegan brand, but most of their products are vegan. The only product that isn’t vegan is the mascara because it contains beeswax.
Is Antonym Certified Cruelty-Free?
Yes, Antonym is certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny.
Is Antonym Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Antonym is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Antonym Sold in Mainland China?
No, Antonym is not sold in mainland China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
Antonym is an organic and natural makeup line certified by Ecocert. Created by professional makeup artists Valerie Giraud.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions.
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Antonym responded:
Thanks for your interest in Antonym, which is independent and privately owned.
All our products are leaping Bunny certified. All products are vegan, except the mascara, which contains organic beeswax. Absolutely no testing on animals. And it is not sold in China.
**This email was sent in 2021, so some answers may have changed. We have updated all of the correct information in the sections above “Email to the Company.”
Read More About Living Cruelty-Free and Vegan:
- 100% Cruelty-Free and Vegan Brands
- List of Officially Cruelty-Free Brands
- Companies That Test on Animals
- The Complete List of Vegan Documentaries on Netflix
- Vegan Handbag Brands