Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Rare Beauty Cruelty-Free?
Rare Beauty has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Rare Beauty is certified cruelty-free by PETA.
Is Rare Beauty Vegan?
Rare Beauty has confirmed that they only sell vegan products.
About Rare Beauty
Rare Beauty is a cosmetics line started by Selena Gomez. Rare Beauty is breaking down unrealistic standards of perfection. This is makeup made to feel good in, without hiding what makes you unique.
Is Rare Beauty Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
Rare Beauty is not owned by a parent company.
Is Rare Beauty Sold in China?
No, Rare Beauty is not sold in China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
Here is how Rare Beauty responded:
- Our products are 100% vegan.
- All our products are cruelty-free meaning we do not test on animals.
- Rare Beauty products are thoughtfully formulated, thoroughly tested, and made to comply with worldwide quality and safety – you have our word. Rare Beauty is cruelty-free, vegan, and certified by PETA’s Global Beauty Without Bunnies.
- We are free of animal-derived ingredients or animal by-products and never test on animals (nor do we ask others to test on our behalf).
- At this time we only sell our products in the United States and U.S. territories.
- Rare Beauty is an independent brand/ company. We are free of animal-derived ingredients or animal by-products and never test on animals (nor do we ask others to test on our behalf).
I hope that I was able to provide you with all the information that you needed. Please feel free to let me know if you need any additional assistance.