Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Honua Hawaiian Skincare Cruelty-Free?
Honua Hawaiian Skincare has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Is Honua Hawaiian Skincare Vegan?
Honua Hawaiian Skincare isn’t a vegan company, but most of its products are vegan.
The only products that aren’t vegan are the Moana Rejuvenating Face Mask and the ‘Aina Invigorating Face Mask, which both contain honey.
Is Honua Hawaiian Skincare Certified Cruelty-Free?
Yes, Honua Hawaiian Skincare is certified cruelty-free by PETA.
Is Honua Hawaiian Skincare Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Honua Hawaiian Skincare is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Honua Hawaiian Skincare Sold in Mainland China?
No, Honua Hawaiian Skincare is not sold in mainland China.
Animal testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
Products that are sold only online in mainland China are exempt from these animal testing laws.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions.
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Honua Hawaiian Skincare responded:
- Yes! We have two masks that contain sustainably sourced honey, so those are not vegan. All other current products are.
- Yes, we have a PETA certification.
Read More About Living Cruelty-Free and Vegan:
- Vegan Watch Brands
- 100% Cruelty-Free and Vegan Brands
- List of Officially Cruelty-Free Brands
- Companies That Test on Animals
- The Complete List of Vegan Documentaries on Netflix