Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Pumpkin recipes are everywhere now that it is fall. You can have pumpkin lattes, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cakes, pumpkin pancakes, and now you can even have vegan pumpkin mac and cheese! I have shared a recipe for vegan mac and cheese before on this blog, but it was largely made out of cashews. While I do love cashews, it is nice to have a lower fat option when it comes to vegan mac and cheese. You can feel really great when eating this because it is made entirely out of natural and healthy ingredients.
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 6 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- ½ tsp. salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups macaroni pasta
- Mix-ins of choice (I used tomato and spinach)
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond milk and arrowroot powder until all of the clumps are gone. Add into a pot over low-medium heat. Stir in the nutritional yeast, dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon, salt, and pepper, and whisk over low heat until it is thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Cook your pasta according to the package directions.
- Stir the pumpkin puree into the cheese sauce pot.
- Add the cooked, drained, and rinsed macaroni into the cheese sauce pot and add the mix-ins. Heat and serve.