Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
I never really liked eggs before I became a vegan. It wasn’t the taste so much that I didn’t like, but the smell. Lucky for me, this oil-free tofu scramble tastes incredibly delicious, is cholesterol-free, and smells great. My favorite way to eat it is in a breakfast burrito served with avocado and sriracha.
Oil-Free Tofu Scramble Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound extra firm tofu
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- Remove tofu from packaging and strain water. Remove as much excess water fem tofu as possible by pressing it firmly between a paper towel.
- Place the tofu into a bowl and crumble with a fork.
- Place the crumbled tofu in a non-stick pan, and cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, until the tofu releases its water.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Continue to cook and stir for another 5-10 minutes. Add a splash of non-dairy milk or lemon juice if the tofu starts to dry out or stick to the skillet.
- Once the tofu has the right consistency, is yellow in color and is thoroughly warm, add additional salt and pepper to taste and serve.