Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is True Botanicals Cruelty-Free?
True Botanicals has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
True Botanicals is certified cruelty-free by PETA and Leaping Bunny.
Is True Botanicals Vegan?
True Botanicals has confirmed that they only sell vegan products.
Shop the full list of 100% vegan and cruelty-free brands.
Is True Botanicals Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, True Botanicals is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is True Botanicals Sold In China?
No, True Botanicals is not sold in China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
About True Botanicals
True Botanicals is renowned for their illuminating face oils, including formulations that clear acne and calm rosacea. True Botanicals is the self-care ritual that has become synonymous with radiant skin and healthy hair—all without harm to your health or the planet.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
Here is how True Botanicals responded:
1. Yes, all of our products are 100% vegan.
2. None of our products or ingredients are tested on animals.
3. Yes, both. In addition to these two, all of our products are certified non-toxic by Made Safe.
4. None of our suppliers or any third parties test on animals, ever.
5. No, we do not sell to mainland China.
6. No, we are not owned by a parent company and never test on animals, ever.