Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is The Beauty Chef Cruelty-Free?
The Beauty Chef has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Is The Beauty Chef Vegan?
The Beauty Chef is not a 100% vegan brand, but most of their products are vegan. The only products there are NOT vegan are Deep Collagen, Flora Fix Balm, and Probiotic Skin Refiner.
Is The Beauty Chef Certified Cruelty-Free?
No, The Beauty Chef is not certified by a third-party cruelty-free organization.
Is The Beauty Chef Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, The Beauty Chef is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is The Beauty Chef Sold in Mainland China?
No, The Beauty Chef is not sold in mainland China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
About The Beauty Chef
The Beauty Chef line features a range of inner and outer beauty products designed to promote radiance from the inside out.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions.
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how The Beauty Chef responded:
1. With the exception of DEEP COLLAGEN™ (which contains fish), FLORA FIX BALM, and PROBIOTIC SKIN REFINER, (which contains honey), all of The Beauty Chef’s products are both vegan and vegetarian.
2. None of our products are tested on animals.
3. No, we do not have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certificate as we have not applied for one.
4. None of our suppliers or affiliated third parties test animals on our behalf.
5. We do not sell our products in mainland China – only online via MECCA China.
6. We are not owned by a parent company.
Read More About Living Cruelty-Free and Vegan:
- 100% Cruelty-Free and Vegan Brands
- List of Officially Cruelty-Free Brands
- Companies That Test on Animals
- The Complete List of Vegan Documentaries on Netflix
- Vegan Handbag Brands