Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
In all of the pumpkin madness that has been going on lately, I have been searching for a pie pumpkin everywhere I go. I have been wanting to make my own pumpkin puree and I read that a pie pumpkin is the best kind of pumpkin to use. After a few weeks of searching, I finally found one! So the other night I decided to make some pumpkin puree. It is seriously so easy to make, and now I have a bunch of pumpkin puree to make fun pumpkin recipes with!
The first recipe on my agenda of pumpkin recipes to make with my homemade pumpkin puree was pumpkin granola. Ever since I have started to transition to a more zero waste lifestyle, I have been making my own granola. It seriously tastes so much better and is so much better for you than most of the granolas that you can buy in a store. This Pumpkin Spice Granola did not disappoint either! It is basically a pumpkin spice muffin in granola form. And do I need to even mention that it is oil-free? Good luck finding an oil-free, vegan, and pumpkin spice granola at your grocery store! Save your time looking, and use this recipe to make it yourself.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup of raw nuts (I used almonds)
- 3 tbsp. coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. allspice
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ⅓ cup of maple syrup
- ¾ cup of pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 340 F.
- Mix the oats, nuts, spices, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the maple syrup and pumpkin puree and whisk together. Once heated, pour it over the dry ingredients and mix well with a large spoon. I actually found that it works better if you use your hands to mix all of the ingredients together.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet and bake for 20 -25 minutes.
- Once the granola has started to turn brown, remove from the oven and let it cool completely. Transfer to an airtight container.