Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Naturtint Cruelty-Free?
Naturtint has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Naturtint is not certified cruelty-free by any third-party organizations like PETA or Leaping Bunny.
Is Naturtint Vegan?
Naturtint has confirmed that they only sell vegan products.
Shop the full list of 100% vegan and cruelty-free brands.
Is Naturtint Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Naturtint is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Naturtint Sold In China?
No, Naturtint is not sold in China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
Naturtint sells permanent hair colors, root retouch, and color care products that are made with cleaner formulas that promote healthier skin and hair.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
Here is how Naturtint responded:
1. All of Naturtint’s products are vegan
2. None of Naturtint’s products are tested on animals
3. No. At this time Phergal – the manufacturer – has not sought out those certifications.
4. Phergal Laboratories does not use suppliers that test on animals nor does Phergal test on animals.
5. Naturtint does not sell products in mainland China
6. Phergal Laboratories is the manufacturer of the brand Naturtint and they are not owned by another company. They are the parent company.