Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Manic Panic Cruelty-Free?
Manic Panic has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Manic Panic is certified cruelty-free by PETA.
Is Manic Panic Vegan?
Manic Panic is NOT a 100% vegan brand, but they have many vegan products.
Here are all of their vegan products:
- All semi-permanent colors
- Temporary color spray
- Lightener kits
- Shampoos & Conditioner
- Dry Shampoo
- Dye away wipes
- Dye Hards (excpet purple haze)
- White dreamtone foundation
- Goth white foundation
- Virgin pressed powder
- Glamour eyes
- Lipstick shades: Bad Boy, Helen Wheels, Mystic Heather, Electric Amethyst, Hot Hot Pink, Green Icing, Alien, Nosferatu, Daughter of Darkness, Starry Night
- Lust dust: Mermaid
- Dreamliner: Mermaid
- Eye pencil: Glitter Glam Mermaid
Shop the full list of 100% vegan and cruelty-free brands.
Is Manic Panic Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Manic Panic is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Manic Panic Sold in China?
No, Manic Panic is not sold in China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
About Manic Panic
Manic Panic started out selling vivid hair color, but they have expanded their line to include wigs, cosmetics, haircare, and hair tools.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions.
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Manic Panic responded to my email:
- All of our semi-permanent colors, temporary color spray, lightener kits, shampoos & conditioner (including our dry shampoo), dye away wipes, all Dye Hards except Purple Haze, White Dreamtone foundation, Goth White foundation, Virgin Pressed Powder, and all of our lashes, Glamour Eyes, and glue. The following lipstick shades are also vegan: Bad Boy Blue, Helen Wheels, Mystic Heather, Electric Amethyst, Hot Hot Pink, Green Icing, Alien, Nosferatu, Daughter of Darkness, Starry Night,
Lust dust: Mermaid,
Eye pencil: Glitter Glam Mermaid,
More of our cosmetics are also vegan, but this is what we currently have available.
- No, and they never will be.
- We are PETA certified through their Beauty Without Bunnies program.
- No. We vet all of our suppliers to ensure they do not test on animals or use ingredients tested on animals.
- No. We are independently owned and operated.