Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Ursa Major Vegan?
Only some of Ursa Major’s products are vegan. The following products are NOT vegan:
Is Ursa Major Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Ursa Major is not owned by a parent company.
Is Ursa Major Sold in Mainland China?
No, Ursa Major is not sold in mainland China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
About Ursa Major
Ursa Major is a gender-neutral skincare line. All products are free from petrochemicals, SLS, SLES, parabens, synthetic fragrance or color, glycols, silicones, or PEGs.
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except Hong Kong)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Ursa Major responded to my email:
1. Most, but not all, of Ursa Major products are vegan. There are four products that include by-products from honey bees: Hoppin’ Fresh Deodorant, Base Layer Deodorant, Forest Fix Deodorant (contains royal jelly extract), and Morning Mojo Bar Soap (contains honey).
2. All Ursa Major products are cruelty-free! We never (and will never) test on animals.
3. We are Leaping Bunny Certified.
4. None of our suppliers or other third parties test animals on our behalf.
5. Excluding Hong Kong, we do not ship to mainland China.
6. We are not owned by any parent company.