Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Uncle Harry’s Cruelty-Free?
Uncle Harry’s has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Uncle Harry’s is not certified cruelty-free by any third-party organizations.
Is Uncle Harry’s Vegan?
Uncle Harry’s is not a vegan brand, but almost all of their products are vegan.
The only products that aren’t vegan are the hemp blemish salve and healing foot salve.
If you only want to purchase products from 100% cruelty-free and vegan brands, click here.
Is Uncle Harry’s Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Uncle Harry’s is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Uncle Harry’s Sold in China?
No, Uncle Harry’s is not sold in China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
About Uncle Harry’s
Uncle Harry’s Natural Products is a family-run business with a mission of making earth-friendly products at people-friendly prices. They offer some of the cleanest and most affordable body care products available. All formulations are hand-made using only the finest quality botanicals, including local, organic, and sustainable raw materials.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except Hong Kong)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Uncle Harry’s responded to my email:
1. All of our products are vegan except for our Hemp Blemish Salve, Healing Foot Salve, and our select Honey and Bee Pollen.
2. None of our products are tested on animals.
3. As a small family business, we don’t currently have those certifications, however, we may be looking into them in the future.
4. No, they do not.
5. Although we do sell our products to retail customers internationally, we do not sell to any storefronts or wholesalers in China.
6. We are not owned by a parent company, rather, we are a 100% self-owned family business.
Please let me know if I can help with anything else!
*This email was sent in June 2020, so some answers have changed. I have reflected the changes in the sections above “Email to the Company.”