Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is The Honest Company Cruelty-Free?
The Honest Company has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
The Honest Company is certified cruelty-free by PETA.
Is The Honest Company Vegan?
The Honest Company is not a 100% vegan brand, but many of their products are vegan. Here are all of their vegan products:
Vegan Baby Products
- HONEST DIAPERS
- OVERNIGHT DIAPERS
- TRAINING PANTS
- BABY SHAMPOO + BODY WASH
- BUBBLE BATH
- PANDA BATH MITT
- COATED CANVAS CITY BACKPACK
- UPTOWN CANVAS BACKPACK
- CROSSTOWN CARRYALL TRAVEL TOTE
- DIAPER BOX
- SOOTHING BOTTOM WASH
- ORGANIC BODY OIL
- HONEST™️ CITY BACKPACK – CHAMPAGNE
- CROSS COUNTRY DIAPER BAG, BLACK
- HONEST DRY WIPES
- URBAN CONVERTIBLE TOTE BACKPACK
- CONDITIONING DETANGLER, EVERYDAY GENTLE
- HONEST CITY BACKPACK – BLACK
- HONEST EVERYTHING TOTE
Vegan Beauty Products
- HYDROGEL CREAM
- PRIME + PERFECT MASK
- CCC CLEAN CORRECTIVE WITH VITAMIN C TINTED MOISTURIZER BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30
- CALM ON FOAMING CREAM CLEANSER
- THE DAILY CALM LIGHTWEIGHT MOISTURIZER
- EVERYDAY RADIANCE + C MOISTURIZER
- DEPUFF +C EYE CREAM
- FIND YOUR CALM KIT
- ORGANIC BEAUTY FACIAL OIL
- REUSE + REPEAT BAMBOO COTTON ROUNDS
- POLLUTION SOLUTION PURIFYING TONER
- SELF DEFENSE MINERAL SUNSCREEN FLUID SPF 34
- HONESTLY HEALTHY™ BROW GEL
- TINTED LIP BALM
- FULL DEFENSE KIT
- SAVE FACE SHIELDING SETTING SPRAY
- SKIN SWEEP EXFOLIATING POWDER CLEANSER
- COMPLETE CALM KIT
- LOVE YOUR LIPS KIT
- DEFENSE ROUTINE
- CALM & GO FACE MIST
- HONESTLY BRIGHT EYES TINTED EYE CREAM
- EVERYTHING PRIMER, MATTE
- EVERYTHING PRIMER GLOW + 2HA
- LIQUID LIPSTICK
- FOUNDATION BRUSH
- POWDER BRUSH
- CREME CHEEK + LIP COLOR
- BLEND + SMUDGE BRUSH
- VIBELINER PENCIL EYELINER
- LIT POWDER BLUSH
- GLOSS-C LIP GLOSS
- ELEVATED HYDRATION MIST
- INVISIBLE BLURRING LOOSE POWDER
- LIQUID EYELINER
- BLENDING CREASE BRUSH
Vegan Bath + Body Products
- SOAK IT UP BATH SALTS
- GLOW ON BODY OIL
- HONEST X MADE BY D.W.C. CALMING MYRRH SCENTED CANDLE
- HAND CREAM
- CONDITIONING DETANGLER, GENTLY NOURISHING
- THE WIND DOWN BUBBLE BATH
If you only want to purchase products from 100% cruelty-free and vegan brands, click here.
Is The Honest Company Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, The Honest Company is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is The Honest Company Sold in China?
No, The Honest Company is not sold in China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
About The Honest Company
The Honest Company was founded by actress Jessica Alba. They make clean and sustainable products for the whole family.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except Hong Kong)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how The Honest Company responded to my email:
We strive to be transparent about our products and list all of the ingredients on our packaging and website. Some of our products contain beeswax, lactoperoxidase (an enzyme derived from milk), and carmine (a pigment derived from insects) for coloring. Additionally, we provide a relevant, specific set of ingredients that we choose to leave out if each product, directly on its label. Further, we will typically indicate whether a product contains an animal by-product by providing this information on the product or on the product page. Click here to view our Glossary.
We do not test our products on animals. We rely on a combination of scientific literature, non-animal testing, raw material safety testing, and/or human testing to ensure our product safety as an alternative to animal testing.
We also do not sell our products in China.
We hope you find this information useful and continue to use Honest products with complete confidence!