Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Sunday Riley Cruelty-Free?
Sunday Riley has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Is Sunday Riley Vegan?
Sunday Riley is NOT a 100% vegan brand, but they do have some vegan products.
Here are all of Sunday Riley’s vegan products:
- Ceramic Slip Cleanser
- Good Genes Lactic Acid
- Good Genes Glycolic Acid
- Luna Sleeping Oil
- C.E.O. Glow Oil
- Juno Oil
- U.F.O. Oil
- Saturn Sulfur Acne Treatment Mask
- Tidal Cream
- Clean Rinse Scalp Serum
- Fairy Godmother Shimmering Body Oil Gel
If you only want to shop at 100% cruelty-free and vegan brands click here.
Is Sunday Riley Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Sunday Riley is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Sunday Riley Sold In China?
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
Sunday Riley products cannot be purchased in stores in China.
Sunday Riley does sell their products online in China through Tmall. Products sold online in China are not required to be tested on animals.
Sunday Riley can sell their products online and ship directly to customers’ homes in China without pre-market animal testing.
About Sunday Riley
Sunday Riley isn’t just the brand founder, she’s the brand formulator. Each product reflects her belief that in order for results to count, they have to be visible, appreciable, and fast. The targeted treatments are designed to visibly improve the quality of your skin, including the signs of, aging, dryness, oiliness, acne, dehydration, and the appearance of pores and spots.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except Hong Kong)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Sunday Riley responded to my email:
1. All of our products are not Vegan. Many of them are. Here is a list of our Vegan products:
Our Ceramic Slip Cleanser, our Good Genes Lactic Acid, and Good Genes Glycolic Acid products, our Luna Sleeping Oil, C.E.O. Glow Oil, our Juno Oil, our U.F.O. Oil, Saturn Sulfur Acne Treatment Mask, Tidal Cream, our Clean Rinse Scalp Serum, and Fairy Godmother Shimmering Body Oil Gel.
2. We are Cruelty-Free and we are Leaping Bunny certified.
3. We do not test our products on animals, and we do not outsource animal testing to third parties for testing on our behalf. There has been no testing on ingredients or finished products throughout the development, manufacturing, or distribution process
5. We do, but through Sephora TMall so they aren’t required to undergo the same required animal tests that products directly retailed in the Chinese market are.
6. We are not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.