Is Sun Bum Cruelty-Free?
Sun Bum has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free. They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law. Sun Bum is not certified cruelty-free by any third-party cruelty-free organizations. Sun Bum is also owned by S.C. Johnson who is NOT cruelty-free.
Is Sun Bum Vegan?
Sun Bum is NOT a 100% vegan brand, but they do have a lot of vegan products. All of Sun Bum’s vegan products are listed here:
- Dry Texture Spray
- Scalp & Hair Mist SPF 30
- Curls & Waves Whipped Mousse
- Original SPF 15 Sunscreen Lotion
- Original SPF 15 Sunscreen Spray
- Original SPF 30 Sunscreen Lotion
- Original SPF 30 Sunscreen Spray
- Original SPF 50 Sunscreen Lotion
- Original SPF 50 Sunscreen Spray
- Original SPF 70 Sunscreen Spray
- After Sun Cool Down Gel
- After Sun Cool Down Lotion
- After Sun Cool Down Spray
- Day Tripper
- Browning Lotion
- SPF 15 Sunscreen Tanning Oil
- Revitalizing Shampoo
- Revitalizing Conditioner
- Sea Spray
- 3 in 1 Leave-In
- Coconut Argan Oil
- Dry Shampoo
- Revitalizing Hair Mask
- Blonde Tone Enhancer
- Original ‘Face 50’ SPF 50 Sunscreen Lotion
- Texturizing Surf Paste
- Hair Tripper
- Mineral SPF 30 Sunscreen Spray
- Mineral SPF 50 Sunscreen Spray
- Mineral SPF 50 Sunscreen Face Stick
- Mineral SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Face Lotion
- Mineral SPF 30 Sunscreen Face Lotion
- Mineral SPF 30 Whipped Sunscreen Lotion
- Mineral SPF 50 Sunscreen Lotion
- Original SPF 30 Sunscreen Lip Balm – Pomegranate
- Original SPF 30 Sunscreen Lip Balm – Mango
- Original SPF 30 Sunscreen Lip Balm – Key Lime
- Original SPF 30 Sunscreen Lip Balm- Coconut
- Original SPF 30 Sunscreen Lip Balm – Banana
- Original SPF 30 Sunscreen Lip Balm – Watermelon
- Original SPF 30 Sunscreen Lip Balm – Pineapple
- Original SPF 30 Sunscreen Lip Balm – 3 Pack
- Heat Protector
- 3 in 1 Repair
- Detox Shampoo
- Anti-Frizz Oil Mist
- Curls & Waves Conditioner
- Curls & Waves Detangler
- Curls & Waves Shampoo
- Curls & Waves Styling Cream
If you only want to shop at 100% cruelty-free and vegan brands click here.
About Sun Bum
Sun Bum creates a wide variety of sunscreen products for the face, body, babies, hair, and more!
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions.
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Sun Bum responded to my email:
We have a long list of vegan products, as well as a full Baby Bum line that is plant-based. The only non-vegan products are those that contain beeswax or honey. You can find the full list of vegan products here: https://www.trustthebum.com/collections/sun-bum?filters=ttb-vegan
We do our R&D on our staff, family, and friends – we do not test our products on animals, and we do not contract for others to perform animal testing on our behalf. We do not currently sell within territories that require animal testing. With that in mind, we also do not pay for certification that states we are cruelty-free.
Our parent company owns many other brands that are not associated with Sun Bum, so we can only provide the relevant information on our own products and brand.
We’re still just a super small company out of Cocoa Beach, FL, and Encinitas, CA doing our best to make an awesome product we feel good about using to protect our friends and family.