Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Solara Suncare Cruelty-Free?
Solara Suncare has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Is Solara Suncare Vegan?
Solara Suncare is not a 100% vegan brand, but most of their products are vegan. The only product that isn’t vegan is Go! Mineral Defense SPORT Ceramide Sunscreen Stick, SPF 30, because it contains beeswax.
Is Solara Suncare Certified Cruelty-Free?
Yes, Solara Suncare is certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny.
Is Solara Suncare Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Solara Suncare is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Solara Suncare Sold in Mainland China?
No, Solara Suncare is not sold in mainland China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
About Solara Suncare
Solara Suncare creates mineral sunscreen powered by clean ingredients. The formulas provide full-spectrum protection for the whole family.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions.
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Solara Suncare responded:
- ALL OF OUR PRODUCTS ARE VEGAN
- NO NEVER
- YES, WE ARE LEAPING BUNNY CERTIFIED FOR OUR BRAND / ALL PRODUCTS
- NEVER AND WE REQUIRE OUR LABS TO HAVE SIGNED VERIFICATIONS AS SUCH!
- WE DO NOT.
- WE ARE PRIVATELY OWNED (BY ME 🙂
**This email was sent in 2020, so some answers have changed. We have updated all of the answers in the sections above “Email to the Company.”
Read More About Living Cruelty-Free and Vegan:
- 100% Cruelty-Free and Vegan Brands
- List of Officially Cruelty-Free Brands
- Companies That Test on Animals
- The Complete List of Vegan Documentaries on Netflix
- Vegan Handbag Brands