Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Skyn ICELAND Cruelty-Free?
Skyn ICELAND has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Skyn ICELAND is certified cruelty-free by PETA and Leaping Bunny.
Is Skyn ICELAND Vegan?
Skyn ICELAND has confirmed that they only sell vegan products.
Shop the full list of 100% cruelty-free and vegan companies here.
Is Skyn ICELAND Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Skyn ICELAND is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Skyn ICELAND Sold In China?
No, Skyn ICELAND is not sold in China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
About Skyn ICELAND
Skyn ICELAND was created by Sarah Kugelman who traveled to Iceland as a way to treat her chronic stress. Skyn ICELAND draws on the natural resources of Iceland- from its mineral-rich glacial water to its nourishing botanicals- plus the latest scientific advances to create nature-based skincare with utterly modern results. All products are made without parabens, petroleum, sulfates, or mineral oil.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except Hong Kong)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
Here is how Skyn ICELAND responded:
- Yes, all products are vegan.
- Yes, we are Leaping Bunny certified as well as vegan and cruelty-free certified by PETA.
- Yes, but we sell cross-border which allows us to not test on animals yet still sell in China.
Is ELEMIS Cruelty-Free and Vegan? | The Vegan Abroad
Wednesday 7th of October 2020
[…] ICELAND is a vegan and cruelty-free brand. Skyn ICELAND draws on the natural resources of Iceland- from its mineral-rich glacial water to its […]