Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Phyla Cruelty-Free?
Phyla has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Is Phyla Vegan?
Phyla has confirmed that they only sell vegan products.
Is Phyla Certified Cruelty-Free?
No, Phyla is not certified cruelty-free by any third-party organizations.
Is Phyla Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Phyla is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Phyla Sold in Mainland China?
No, Phyla is not sold in mainland China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
Phyla was created to combat the antibiotic crisis and give a true science-based solution to acne.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions.
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Phyla responded:
1. Yes! All of our products are 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
2. No, our products or ingredients have never and will never be tested on animals.
3. Yes, we hold certifications from both the Leaping Bunny Program and PETA’s Beauty Without Bunnies Program.
4. No. Our lab facilities are 100% animal component-free.
***Some of these answers have changed. I have updated all of the information in the sections above “Email to the Company.”
Read More About Living Cruelty-Free and Vegan:
- 100% Cruelty-Free and Vegan Brands
- List of Officially Cruelty-Free Brands
- Companies That Test on Animals
- The Complete List of Vegan Documentaries on Netflix
- Vegan Handbag Brands