Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Kypris Vegan?
Kypris has confirmed that they only sell vegan products.
Is Kypris Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Kypris is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Kypris Sold in Mainland China?
No, Kypris is not sold in mainland China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
Kypris is a high-end brand that sells body care and skin care products. They launched in 2011 in the natural medical market serving physicians, their practitioners, and their patients before transitioning into traditional spa and retail in 2014. Kypris products are organic, wild-crafted, and sustainably grown.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions.
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Kypris responded:
- ALL yes!
- Not at all!
- Yes, Leaping Bunny!
- Only Hong Kong currently.