Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Kinship Cruelty-Free?
Kinship has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Kinship is certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny.
Is Kinship Vegan?
Kinship isn’t a 100% vegan brand, but they do have many vegan products.
Here are all of their vegan products:
If you only want to purchase products from 100% cruelty-free and vegan brands, click here.
Is Kinship Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Kinship is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Kinship Sold in China?
No, Kinship is not sold in China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
Kinship was created by scientists and industry experts to combine affordable, clean, high-performance, and consciously-packed products.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except Hong Kong)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Kinship responded to my email:
- We have 6 products. All of our products are vegan with the exception of Insta Swipe, which contains a small amount of honey from bees.
- None of our products or ingredients are tested on animals.
- We are Leaping Bunny certified!
- Suppliers and third parties do not test on animals on our behalf.
- We do not distribute or sell in China.
- We are not owned by a parent company.
*This email was sent in June 2020, so some answers have changed.