Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Kari Gran Vegan?
Kari Gran is not a 100% vegan brand, but they have several vegan products.
Here are their vegan products:
- Hydrating Tonic Rose
- Hydrating Tonic Lavender
- Essential Serum
- Setting Powder
- Mineral Eyeshadow
- Mineral Foundation
- Mineral Concealer
- Makeup Brushes
Is Kari Gran Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Kari Gran is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Kari Gran Sold in Mainland China?
No, Kari Gran is not sold in mainland China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
About Kari Gran
Kari Gran is an eco-luxe skin care and mineral makeup brand. All of their products are made without petrochemicals, parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, chemical additives, known toxins, preservatives, or synthetic fragrances.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except Hong Kong)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Kari Gran responded to my email:
- Not all of our products are vegan. Our vegan products are Hydrating Tonics (Rose and Lavender), Essential Serum, Setting Powder, Mineral eyeshadow, Mineral Foundations, Mineral concealers, and all makeup brushes.
- PETA Beauty without Bunnies certified