Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Josh Rosebrook Cruelty-Free?
Josh Rosebrook has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Josh Rosebrook does not have any third-party cruelty-free certifications.
Is Josh Rosebrook Vegan?
Only some of Josh Rosebrook’s products are vegan. The following products are NOT vegan:
If you only want to purchase products from 100% cruelty-free and vegan brands, click here.
Is Josh Rosebrook Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Josh Rosebrook is not owned by a parent company.
Is Josh Rosebrook Sold in Mainland China?
No, Josh Rosebrook is not sold in mainland China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
About Josh Rosebrook
Josh Rosebrook is a skin and hair care line. In the early 2000s, Josh Rosebrook began making his own natural skin care treatments and giving them to his clients in Los Angeles. The visible results and his unique approach to the skin and scalp and hair inspired him to educate people about how skin and hair care products really work.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except Hong Kong)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Josh Rosebrook responded to my email:
- All Josh Rosebrook products are vegan except our Complete Moisture Cleanse, Active Enzyme Exfoliator, and Vital Balm Cream which contain True Source Certified, ethically sourced organic honey.
- No. We are an independent, self-funded, small business.