Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Indie Lee Vegan?
Squalane Facial Oil
Is Indie Lee Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Indie Lee is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Indie Lee Sold in Mainland China?
No, Indie Lee is not sold in mainland China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
About Indie Lee
Indie Lee is a mid-range, all-natural skincare line made from all-natural ingredients. The founder and CEO, Indie Lee, created Indie Lee after conquering a life-threatening brain tumor that was likely caused by environmental toxins in her cosmetics.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions.
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Indie Lee responded to my email:
2. No, Never!! We are Leaping Bunny Certified and no animals are ever harmed in the making or testing of our products.
3. Leaping Bunny
4. No one we work with tests on animals on our behalf.
5. No, we do not.