Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Herbivore Botanicals Cruelty-Free?
Herbivore Botanicals has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Is Herbivore Botanicals Vegan?
Herbivore Botanicals has confirmed that they only sell vegan products.
Is Herbivore Botanicals Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Herbivore Botanicals is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Herbivore Botanicals Sold in Mainland China?
No, Herbivore Botanicals is not sold in mainland China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
About Herbivore Botanicals
Herbivore Botanicals was created by a husband and wife duo in their attempt to create plant-based, food-grade skincare from scratch.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except Hong Kong)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
Here is how Herbivore Botanicals responded:
1. Our products are proudly 100% Vegan 🙂
2. None of our products or ingredients are tested on animals.
3. We are PETA and Leaping Bunny certified cruelty-free.
4. None of our suppliers or third parties test animals on our behalf.
5. Our products are not sold or distributed in China.
6. Herbivore Botanicals is an independent company built from the ground up and is not owned by any other parent company.