Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Ghost Democracy Cruelty-Free?
Ghost Democracy has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free. They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law. Ghost Democracy isn’t certified cruelty-free by any third party cruelty-free organizations.
Is Ghost Democracy Vegan?
Ghost Democracy has confirmed that they are 100% vegan.
Shop the full list of 100% cruelty-free and vegan companies here.
About Ghost Democracy
Ghost Democracy is a direct-to-consumer skincare brand whose mission is to make exceptionally clean skincare accessible to everyone. It’s focused on a higher standard of clean and higher ingredient concentrations for results you can see, at a price that doesn’t break the bank.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except Hong Kong)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Ghost Democracy responded to my email:
1. All of our products are vegan and do not contain any ingredients that are derived from animals nor from animal byproducts.
2. None of Ghost Democracy’s products or individual ingredients within our products are tested on animals.
3. We do not have leaping bunny, CCF, or PETA certifications. We plan to explore this in the future.
4. None of our suppliers or third party partners test on animals on our behalf and have thoroughly vetted our supply chain to ensure this
5. Our products are not sold in markets where animal testing is required by law (and we plan to keep it this way!)
6. Our company Ghost Democracy operates independently but is owned by Verishop, which is an innovative e-commerce platform focused on quality of selection, convenience across multiple categories and brands.