Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Erbaviva Cruelty-Free?
Erbaviva has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Erbaviva is not certified cruelty-free by any third-party organizations.
Is Erbaviva Vegan?
Erbaviva is not a 100% vegan brand, but they do have many vegan products.
Here are all of their vegan products:
- Certified USDA Organic Lavender & Eucalyptus Hand Sanitizer
- Lavender & Geranium Organic Deodorant
- Lavender & Eucalyptus Hand Sanitizer
- Purifying Hand Wash
- Breathe Body Spray
- Lemon & Sage Organic Deodorant
- Jasmine & Grapefruit Organic Deodorant
- Relax Body Spray
- Breathe Body Wash
- Awaken Body Spray
- Embrace Body Spray
- Relax Body Wash
- Hand Cream
- Relax Body Oil
- Awaken Body Wash
- Awaken Bath Salt
- Awaken Body Oil
- Embrace Body Wash
- Embrace Body Oil
- Breathe Body Oil
- Shaping Salt
- Shaping Oil
- Firming Salt
- Firming Oil
- Breathe Bath Salt
- Relax Bath Salt
If you only want to purchase products from 100% cruelty-free and vegan brands, click here.
Is Erbaviva Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Erbaviva is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Erbaviva Sold in China?
No, Erbaviva is not sold in China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
Erbaviva offers premium organic products that fuse European artisan quality with healthy California organic culture. Each formula is handcrafted using distinctively pure living herbs, essential oils, and botanicals to the highest standards in all areas of sustainability.
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except Hong Kong)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Erbaviva responded to my email:
- Yes, some are vegan.
- Yes – Leaping Bunny
*This email was sent in June 2020, so some answers have changed.