Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Biossance Vegan?
Biossance has confirmed that they only sell vegan products.
Is Biossance Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Biossance is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Biossance Sold in China?
No, Biossance is not sold in China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
Biossance is a mid-range skincare brand that believes in pioneering sustainable beauty through biotechnology.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except Hong Kong)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
Here is how Biossance responded:
We are Vegan, Plant-Based, Cruelty-Free, PETA certified, no animal testing in our entire company or with businesses that do, we do not sell in China.