Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Au Naturale Vegan?
Au Naturale has confirmed that they only sell vegan products.
Is Au Naturale Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Au Naturale is not owned by a parent company.
Is Au Naturale Sold in Mainland China?
No, Au Naturale is not sold in mainland China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
About Au Naturale
Au Naturale is a budget makeup brand. The products are cruelty-free, vegan, organic, paraben-free, and ethical makeup.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except Hong Kong)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
Here is how Au Naturale responded:
- All of our products are vegan and cruelty-free.
- We do not work with suppliers that test raw ingredients on animals and we do not test our final product on animals.
- We are both Leaping Bunny and PETA certified.
- We do not use any third-party labs/suppliers to test our products on animals.
- We have a distributor in Hong Kong, but that is our only Chinese distributor.
- We are a privately owned independent LLC that does not have a parent company.
*This email was sent in June 2020, so some responses have changed. I update every brand every year. The changes are reflected in the information above “Email to the Company.”