Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Alpha-H Cruelty-Free?
Alpha-H has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Is Alpha-H Vegan?
Alpha-H is not a 100% vegan brand, but they have many vegan products. You can see all of their vegan products on this page.
Is Alpha-H Certified Cruelty-Free?
Yes, Alpha-H is certified by Cruelty-Free International.
Is Alpha-H Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Alpha-H is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Alpha-H Sold in Mainland China?
No, Alpha-H is not sold in mainland China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
Alpha-H was founded in Australia over 25 years ago. Alpha-H provides concentrated solutions for all your beauty needs.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except Hong Kong)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Alpha-H responded:
All Alpha-H products are vegan friends with the exception of the following-
- Absolute Lip Perfector – contains beeswax (Cera Alba)
- Absolute Lip Perfector Nude Blush- contains beeswax (Cera Alba)
- Age Delay Cleansing Oil – contains beeswax (Cera Alba)
- Balancing Moisturizer – contains hydrolyzed collaged (Hydrolyzed collagen is derived from bovine bone and cartilage)
- Clean Skin Daily Moisturizer (Hydrolyzed collaged in derived from bovine bone and cartilage).
- Essential Cleansing Balm – beeswax (cera alba) % (Triolein can be derived from plants and animals.)
- Liquid Gold – contains crossilk (silk amino acids)
- Liquid Gold ROSE – hydrolyzed silk
- Liquid Gold Rose Hand Cream – Hydrolyzed Keratin is animal (sheep or goat wool) derived
- Liquid Gold Rose Perfect and Plump – beeswax (cera alba)
- Liquid Gold Smoothing & Perfecting Mask – contains honey (MEL) – discontinued
- Liquid Laser Super Anti-Ageing Balm – contains beeswax (cera alba)
Alpha-H does NOT conduct product or ingredient tests on animals. Alpha-H does not contract any third-party companies to perform animal testing on our behalf. We have always stood strong against the mistreatment of animals and will continue to do so. Which means we are not sold in-store in China.
We are currently in the process of gaining the leaping bunny certification.
**This email was sent in 2020, so some answers have changed. All of the answers have been updated in the sections above “Email to the Company.”
Read More About Living Cruelty-Free and Vegan:
- 100% Cruelty-Free and Vegan Brands
- List of Officially Cruelty-Free Brands
- Companies That Test on Animals
- The Complete List of Vegan Documentaries on Netflix
- Vegan Handbag Brands