Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Alba Botanica Cruelty-Free?
Alba Botanica has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Is Alba Botanica Vegan?
The vast majority of Alba Botanica products are vegan, but not all. The following products are NOT vegan:
- Lip Balms (contains beeswax)
- Lip Glosses (contains beeswax)
- Hawaiian Sugar Care Body Polish (contains honey)
- Un-Petroleum Multi-Purpose Jelly (contains beeswax)
If you only want to shop at 100% cruelty-free and vegan brands click here.
Is Alba Botanica Certified Cruelty-Free?
Yes, Alba Botanica is certified cruelty-free by PETA and Leaping Bunny.
Is Alba Botanica Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Alba Botanica is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Alba Botanica Sold in Mainland China?
No, Alba Botanica is not sold in mainland China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
About Alba Botanica
Alba Botanica has a full range of personal care products, including natural sunscreen, acne products, shampoo, and face wash.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except Hong Kong)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Alba Botanica responded:
At Hain Celestial, we never test our products or ingredients on animals. In addition, our products contain no meat or by-products of animal killing. We also exclude all cruelly obtained animal ingredients, even if the animal is not killed. We limit our use of animal products to ingredients that are deposited by and have no future benefit to the animal, such as beeswax.
Our Alba Botanica® products are all made with 100% vegetarian ingredients. While the vast majority of our line is also vegan, the following products are not considered vegan because they contain an animal-derived ingredient. The sourcing of these ingredients is done in a harm-free, stress-free, cruelty-free manner that does not impact the health or welfare of the animals.
– Our lip balms and lip glosses contain beeswax
– Our Hawaiian Sugar Care Body Polish contains honey
– Our Un-Petroleum Multi-Purpose Jelly contains beeswax
Read More About Living Cruelty-Free and Vegan:
- 100% Cruelty-Free and Vegan Brands
- List of Officially Cruelty-Free Brands
- Companies That Test on Animals
- The Complete List of Vegan Documentaries on Netflix
- Vegan Handbag Brands