Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is ATHR Beauty Vegan?
ATHR Beauty has confirmed that they only sell vegan products.
You can get 10% off your order on ATHR Beauty’s website using the code HALEY.
Is ATHR Beauty Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, ATHR Beauty is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is ATHR Beauty Sold In China?
No, ATHR Beauty is not sold in China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
About Aether Beauty
ATHR Beauty was created to marry ancient medieval science and contemporary clean formulations. They offer high-quality, vegan, and sustainable makeup that harnesses the power of nature.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
Here is how ATHR Beauty responded:
- Everything is clean, vegan, cruelty-free, slavery, and child labor free.
- Both and for both vegan and cruelty-free.
- I’m the only employee for the entire brand! Self-funded and bootstrapped.
*This email was sent in June 2020, so some answers have changed. I review every brand on this website every year, and I have reflected those changes in the sections above “Email to the Company.”