Woohoo! Today is an exciting day because I am sharing the recipe for this Homemade Vegan Chocolate Bar with you! The idea for this chocolate bar came to me because of Instagram. I have recently been really into food styling, and I thought that pieces of a chocolate bar would make some of my pictures look better. I knew that I could purchase a vegan chocolate bar at the grocery store, but I still wanted to keep things as healthy as possible. A lot of vegan chocolate bars that are available contain a lot of soy ingredients, not to mention that vegan chocolate bars aren’t the cheapest things to buy. So I decided to purchase a chocolate bar mold. This homemade vegan chocolate bar recipe is simple, rich, and super chocolaty. It is made using only four ingredients: cacao butter, maple syrup, cacao powder, and vanilla extract. How easy is that!
Shop the Recipe
Homemade Vegan Chocolate Bar
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add water to a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. To create a double boiler, set a glass bowl on top, making sure it's not touching the water.
- Add chopped cacao butter to the glass bowl and melt for a few minutes.
- Once the cacao butter is melted, add the maple syrup and use a whisk to mix until thoroughly combined. Remove the bowl from the heat.
- Carefully pour the chocolate into a chocolate bar mold.
- Place the chocolate bar in the freezer to set for about 15 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator or the freezer.