Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Woohoo! Today is an exciting day because I am sharing the recipe for this Homemade Vegan Chocolate Bar with you! The idea for this chocolate bar came to me because of Instagram. I have recently been really into food styling, and I thought that pieces of a chocolate bar would make some of my pictures look better. I knew that I could purchase a vegan chocolate bar at the grocery store, but I still wanted to keep things as healthy as possible. A lot of vegan chocolate bars that are available contain a lot of soy ingredients, not to mention that vegan chocolate bars aren’t the cheapest things to buy. So I decided to purchase a chocolate bar mold. This homemade vegan chocolate bar recipe is simple, rich, and super chocolaty. It is made using only four ingredients: cacao butter, maple syrup, cacao powder, and vanilla extract. How easy is that!
Shop the Recipe
Homemade Vegan Chocolate Bar
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add water to a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. To create a double boiler, set a glass bowl on top, making sure it's not touching the water.
- Add chopped cacao butter to the glass bowl and melt for a few minutes.
- Once the cacao butter is melted, add the maple syrup and use a whisk to mix until thoroughly combined. Remove the bowl from the heat.
- Carefully pour the chocolate into a chocolate bar mold.
- Place the chocolate bar in the freezer to set for about 15 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator or the freezer.