Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Fenty Beauty Cruelty-Free?
Fenty Beauty has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Fenty Beauty is not certified cruelty-free by any third-party organizations.
Is Fenty Beauty Vegan?
Fenty Beauty is not a 100% vegan brand, but they have many vegan products. Here are all of their vegan products:
- PRO FILT’R SOFT MATTE LONGWEAR FOUNDATION
- EAZE DROP BLURRING SKIN TINT
- BRIGHT FIX EYE BRIGHTENER
- PRO FILT’R MINI SOFT MATTE LONGWEAR FOUNDATION
- PRO FILT’R SOFT MATTE POWDER FOUNDATION
- PRO FILT’R HYDRATING LONGWEAR FOUNDATION
- PRO FILT’R HYDRATING PRIMER
- PRO FILT’R MATTIFYING PRIMER
- PRO FILT’R INSTANT RETOUCH SETTING POWDER
- PRO FILT’R INSTANT RETOUCH CONCEALER
- MATCH STIX SHIMMER SKINSTICK in the shades Rum, Sinamon, Starstruck, Champagne Heist, Bordeaux Brat, Pink Lemonade and Cognac
- MATCH STIX MATTE SKINSTICK
- MATCH STIX CONTOUR SKINSTICK
- SUN STALK’R INSTANT WARMTH BRONZER in the shades Inda Sun, Shady Biz, Private Island, I$land Ting, Bajan Gyal, Caramel Cutie, Coco Naughty and Mocha Mami
- CHEEKS OUT FREESTYLE CREAM BRONZER
- CHEEKS OUT FREESTYLE CREAM BLUSH
- MATCH STIX GLOW SKINSTICK
- PRO FILT’R AMPLIFYING EYE PRIMER
- LIQUID KILLAWATT FLUID FREESTYLE HIGHLIGHTER
- EAZE DROP BLURRING SKIN TINT
- GLOSS BOMB UNIVERSAL LIP LUMINIZER in the shades Fenty Glow, Diamond Milk, Fu$$y, Glass Slipper, $weet Mouth, Cheeky and Hot Chocolit
- GLOSS BOMB HEAT UNIVERSAL LIP LUMINIZER + PLUMPER
- STUNNA LIP PAINT LONGWEAR FLUID LIP COLOR
- BODY LAVA BODY LUMINIZER in the shades Brown Sugar and Cognac Candy
- KILLAWATT FREESTYLE HIGHLIGHTER in the shade Chillz
- FLYLINER LONGWEAR LIQUID EYELINER
- GLOSS BOMB CREAM COLOR DRIP LIP CREAM
- PRO KISS’R LUSCIOUS LIP BALM
- GLOSS BOMB DIP CLIP-ON UNIVERSAL LIP LUMINIZER
- MATTEMOISELLE PLUSH MATTE LIPSTICK
- FLYPENCIL LONGWEAR PENCIL EYELINER in the shades Cuz I’m Black, Bachelor Pad, In Big Truffle, Black Card, Space Cookie, Moon Dunez, Sea About It, Lady Lagoon, Bank Tank, Chromewrecker, She a Problem, Grillz and Bad Bride
- BROW MVP SCULPTING WAX PENCIL & STYLER
- BROW MVP ULTRA FINE BROW PENCIL & STYLER
- FULL FRONTAL VOLUME, LIFT & CURL MASCARA
- DIAMOND BOMB ALL-OVER DIAMOND VEIL in the shades How Many Carats?! and Cognac Candy
- KILLAWATT FOIL FREESTYLE HIGHLIGHTER in the shade Penny4uthots
- FAIRY BOMB SHIMMER POWDER
Is Fenty Beauty Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
Fenty Beauty is owned by Kendo and Kendo is owned by LVMH. Kendo is cruelty-free but LVMH is not.
Is Fenty Beauty Sold in Mainland China?
No, Fenty Beauty is not sold in mainland China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
Fenty Beauty is sold in Hong Kong and Macau. Hong Kong and Macau are not part of mainland China and do not have the animal testing requirements that mainland China has.
About Fenty Beauty
Fenty Beauty was created by Rihanna. Fenty Beauty focuses on creating products that include a wide range of traditionally hard-to-match skin tones so that people everywhere can be included.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions.
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Fenty Beauty responded to my email:
At this point, our products are not certified as vegan or manufactured in a vegan facility. However, we do NOT test on animals.
We list all of our product ingredients on the product pages in the “ingredients” tab to help educate our customers about everything that goes into creating our products. We hope this information is helpful.