Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Desert Essence Cruelty-Free?
Desert Essence has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Is Desert Essence Vegan?
Desert Essence isn’t a vegan brand, but most of their products are vegan. All of their vegan products are listed below.
Vegan Skin Care
- Revitalizing Oils Facial Moisturizer
- Pineapple Enzyme Facial Cleansing Pads
- Cannabis Sativa & White Ginger Facial Cleansing Pads
- Cucumber & Aloe Facial Cleansing Pads
- Thoroughly Clean Face Wash
- Tea Tree Oil Facial Cleansing Pads
- Thoroughly Clean Tea Tree Oil Face Wash
- Cucumber & Aloe Micellar Cleansing Facial Water
- Cucumber & Aloe Facial Toner
- Creamy Oil Face Cleanser
Vegan Hair Care
- Lemon Tea Tree Shampoo
- Lemon Tea Tree Conditioner
- Red Raspberry Shampoo
- Red Raspberry Conditioner
- Tea Tree Replenishing Shampoo
- Tea Tree Replenishing Conditioner
- Coconut Hair Defrizzer & Heat Protector Spray
- Coconut Shine & Refine Hair Lotion
- Coconut Soft Curls Hair Cream
- Smoothing Shampoo
- Smoothing Conditioner
Vegan Body Care
- Tea Tree & Lemongrass Foaming Hand Soap Pods
- Tea Tree & Lavender Foaming Hand Soap Pods
- Coconut Body Wash
- Coconut Hand & Body Lotion
- Bulgarian Lavender Body Wash
- Bulgarian Lavender Hand & Body Lotion
- Spicy Vanilla Chai Body Wash
- Spicy Vanilla Chai Hand & Body Lotion
- Fragrance-Free Body Wash
- Fragrance-Free Hand and Body Lotion
- Sweet Almond Body Wash
- Sweet Almond Hand & Body Lotion
- Green Apple & Ginger Body Wash
- Tropical Coconut Hand & Body Lotion
- Italian Lemon Hand & Body Lotion
- Island Mango Hand & Body Lotion
- Perfect Pistachio Foot Repair Cream
- Pumpkin Spice Hand Repair Cream
- Tea Tree Oil Liquid Castile Soap
- Jojoba, Coconut & Chamomile Body Oil Spray
- Jojoba & Sunflower Body Oil Spray
- Jojoba & Sweet Almond Body Oil Spray
- Nourishing Pink Himalayan Salt & Sugar Body Scrub
- Hydrating Sugar Body Scrub
- Activated Charcoal Soap Bar
- Lemongrass Soap Bar
- Creamy Coconut Soap Bar
- Island Mango Soap Bar
- Lavender Soap Bar
- Exfoliating Italian Lemon Soap Bar
- Peppermint Soap Bar
- Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Soap Bar
Vegan Personal Care
Vegan Dental & Oral Care Products
- Activated Charcoal Carrageenan Free Toothpaste
- Aloe & Tea Tree Oil Carrageenan Free Toothpaste
- Arnica & Tea Tree Oil Carrageenan Free Toothpaste
- Coconut Oil Toothpaste
- Neem Toothpaste – Cinnamint
- Pink Himalayan Salt Carrageenan Free Toothpaste
- Prebiotic Plant-Based Toothpaste – Gingermint
- Prebiotic Plant-Based Toothpaste – Mint
- Tea Tree Oil & Neem Wintergreen Toothpaste
- Tea Tree Oil Mint Toothpaste
- Tea Tree Oil Toothpaste – Fennel
- Tea Tree Oil Ultra Care Toothpaste
- Tea Tree Oil Whitening Plus Toothpaste
- Coconut Oil Dual Phase Pulling Rinse
- Coconut Oil Mouthwash
- Neem Mouthwash – Cinnamint
- Prebiotic Plant-Based Brushing Rinse – Gingermint
- Prebiotic Plant-Based Brushing Rinse – Mint
- Tea Tree Oil Mouthwash With Spearmint
- Tea Tree Oil Whitening Plus Mouthwash
- Ultra Care Tea Tree Oil Mouthwash
Is Desert Essence Certified Cruelty-Free?
Yes, Desert Essence is certified cruelty-free by PETA and Leaping Bunny.
Is Desert Essence Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Desert Essence is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Desert Essence Sold in Mainland China?
No, Desert Essence is not sold in mainland China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
About Desert Essence
Desert Essence offers a range of products for the body, skin, and hair to help nourish your body as well as your senses.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions.
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Desert Essence responded:
Our products are certified Cruelty Free by Leaping Bunny and many of our items are vegan, and if not vegetarian.
At this time, we do not currently sell in China.
Read More About Living Cruelty-Free and Vegan:
- 100% Cruelty-Free and Vegan Brands
- List of Officially Cruelty-Free Brands
- Companies That Test on Animals
- The Complete List of Vegan Documentaries on Netflix
- Vegan Handbag Brands