Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is COSRX Cruelty-Free?
COSRX has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Is COSRX Vegan?
COSRX is not a 100% vegan brand, but they have many vegan products.
Here are all of their vegan products:
- AC Collection Calming Foam Cleanser
- AC Collection Calming Liquid Mild
- AC Collection Ultimate Spot Cream
- Acne Pimple Master Patch
- AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid
- AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
- Aloe Soothing Sun Cream SPF50 PA+++
- Aloe Vera Oil-free Moisture Cream
- Aqua Cooling Facial Mist
- Balancium B5 D-panthenol Ampoule
- Balancium B5 D-panthenol Cream
- BHA Blackhead Power Liquid
- Blackhead Remover Mr.RX Kit
- Centella Blemish Ampule
- Centella Blemish Cream
- Centella Water Alcohol-Free Toner
- Blemish Cover Cushion
- Galactomyces 95 Tone Balancing Essence
- Galactomyces Alcohol-Free Toner
- Hyaluronic Acid Hydra Power Essence
- Hyaluronic Acid Intensive Cream
- Hydrium Centella Aqua Soothing Ampoule
- Hydrium Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream
- Hydrium Triple Hyaluronic Moisture Ampoule
- Hydrium Watery Toner
- Hydrogel Very Simple Pack
- Light Fit Real Water Toner To Cream
- Low pH First Cleansing Milk Gel
- Low pH PHA Barrier Mist
- Low-pH Good Morning Cleanser
- Natural BHA Skin Returning Emulsion
- Oil Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion
- One Step Green Hero Calming Pad
- One Step Original Clear Pad
- Perfect Sebum Centella Mineral Powder
- Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser
- Two in One Poreless Power Liquid
- Ultimate Nourishing Rice Spa Overnight Mask
- Refresh AHA BHA Vitamin C Daily Toner
- Pure Fit Cica Cleanser
- Pure Fit Cica Toner
- Pure Fit Cica Serum
- Pure Fit Cica Powder
- Pure Fit Cica Calming True Sheet Mask
- Hydrium Triple Hyaluronic Water Wave Sheet Mask
- Hydpium Triple Hyaluronic Moisturizing Cleanser
- Real Fit Retinol Serum
- Real Fit Vitamin E Serum
- AC Collection Calming Solution Body Cleanser
- Master Patch Intensive
- AC Collection Acne Patch
- Balancium Comfort Ceramide Cream Mist
- Balancium Comfort Ceramide Hand Cream Light
- Pure Fit Cica Low pH Cleansing Pad
- Pure Fit Cica Smoothing Cleansing Balm
- Pure Fit Cica Clear Cleansing Oil
- Pure Fit Cica Creamy Foam Cleanser
- Low pH Good Night Soft Peeling Gel
- AC Collection Blemish Care Sheet Mask
- Balancium Comfort Ceramide Soft Cream Sheet Mask
- Poreless Pad
- Cica Pad
- Refresh AHA BHA Vitamin C Lip Plumper
If you only want to shop at 100% cruelty-free and vegan brands, click here.
Is COSRX Certified Cruelty-Free?
No, COSRX is not certified cruelty-free by any third-party organizations.
Is COSRX Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, COSRX is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is COSRX Sold in Mainland China?
No, COSRX is not sold in China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
Products that are sold only online in mainland China are exempt from these animal testing laws.
COSRX combines Cosmetics + RX (prescription) to address everyday skin concerns. This high-performance Korean beauty brand delivers optimal and visible results. Their simple yet efficacious approach to skincare continues to resonate with customers across Asia and the United States.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions.
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how COSRX responded to my email:
Animal testing is prohibited for cosmetics released in Korea according to Korean cosmetic regulations.
We do not conduct animal testing because we have brand values that are oriented toward the Cruelty-free brand, and it is also prohibited to express ‘Cruelty-free’ because animal testing is prohibited in Korea. However, it is not possible to check whether animal testing is conducted by the ingredient suppliers and product distributors.
And we don’t have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification. We are only distributing our products through Tmall.com in China.
For your reference, we’ve attached the product list, not including the animal-derived ingredients.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Read More About Living Cruelty-Free and Vegan:
- Vegan Shoe Brands
- 100% Cruelty-Free and Vegan Brands
- List of Officially Cruelty-Free Brands
- Companies That Test on Animals
- The Complete List of Vegan Documentaries on Netflix