Is Umberto Giannini Cruelty-Free?
Umberto Giannini has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Umberto Giannini is certified cruelty-free by PETA.
Is Umberto Giannini Vegan?
Umberto Giannini has confirmed that they only sell vegan products.
Is Umberto Giannini Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Umberto Giannini is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Umberto Giannini Sold In China?
No, Umberto Giannini is not sold in China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
About Umberto Giannini
Umberto Giannini makes award-winning products for every hair type. They are famous for celebrating natural curls and creating new formulas to help you love your hair.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions:
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
Here is how Umberto Giannini responded:
- All products are vegan
- No – we do not test any products or ingredients on animals
- We have PETA certification
- No, we do not and will not work with any suppliers who test product or ingredients on animals
- We do not sell our products in China
- We are not owned by a parent company