Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links, which means when you click, I get a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. This allows me to keep this website running, so feel free to click away! You can read my entire Affiliate Disclosure here.
Is Australian Gold Cruelty-Free?
Australian Gold has confirmed that they are 100% cruelty-free.
They don’t test their ingredients or final products on animals, and they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Australian Gold is certified cruelty-free by PETA.
Is Australian Gold Vegan?
Australian Gold has some vegan products. Unfortunately, these products are not labeled on their website, and they did not send me a list of their vegan products.
If you only want to purchase products from 100% cruelty-free and vegan brands, click here.
Is Australian Gold Owned By A Parent Company That Tests On Animals?
No, Australian Gold is not owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Is Australian Gold Sold in Mainland China?
No, Australian Gold is not sold in mainland China.
Animal Testing is required by law in China for all foreign cosmetics companies. All American and European cosmetic brands that are sold in China must undergo animal testing.
Any brand that chooses to sell its products in China cannot be considered cruelty-free.
Even products that can bypass mandatory tests may still be pulled from the shelves by Chinese authorities to be tested on animals.
About Australian Gold
Australian Gold sells a variety of SPF and suncare products. Each formula has been carefully developed using high-quality ingredients during an extensive product development process, assuirng each product mainins their high standard of quality.
Email to the Company
Before classifying any brand as cruelty-free and vegan, I send them an email with the following questions.
- Are your products vegan? If only some are vegan, which ones?
- Are any of your products or ingredients tested on animals?
- Do you have a Leaping Bunny or PETA certification?
- Do your suppliers or any third parties test animals on your behalf?
- Does your company sell products in mainland China (except for Hong Kong and online sales)?
- Are you owned by a parent company that tests on animals?
This is how Australian Gold responded:
- The Ingredient Quick Reference Guide has info on which are vegan.
- We are registered with PETA.